Red Light - Proceed Before Green

Failing to obey a stop sign - Highway Traffic Act section 136(1).
pissoffme

Red Light - Proceed Before Green

Unread post by pissoffme »

The truth:

Left lane will merge into right lane after the traffic light due to the construction. I was waiting for it to turn into green while did not notice police car was right beside me. In order to safely merge into right lane. I was timing and started a bit too early . Then I stopped right way until it was green. Then I changed to the right lane in front of him. He pulled me over and I argued with him a bit. I said I stopped he said I didnot. he gave me ticket 144(18). What the chance I win in the court? I was in the court before and had very bad feeling. I don't think ordinary people stand any chances to win. You are fighting against 3 professionals who is doing this everyday for living/overtime.

viper1

Unread post by viper1 »

pissoffme wrote:The truth:

Left lane will merge into right lane after the traffic light due to the construction. I was waiting for it to turn into green while did not notice police car was right beside me. In order to safely merge into right lane. I was timing and started a bit too early . Then I stopped right way until it was green. Then I changed to the right lane in front of him. He pulled me over and I argued with him a bit. I said I stopped he said I didnot. he gave me ticket 144(18). What the chance I win in the court? I was in the court before and had very bad feeling. I don't think ordinary people stand any chances to win. You are fighting against 3 professionals who is doing this everyday for living/overtime.

good cop

Cheers

viper1

"hang onto your chair when reading my posts
use at your own risk"
Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

Unread post by Stanton »

pissoffme wrote:He was lying...

You stated in your initial post that you started early. That would mean you committed the offence.