Failure To Stop For Bus By Driver

JDean

Failure To Stop For Bus By Driver

Unread post by JDean »

Had the police come by today and hand me a ticket for not stopping for a bus. He just came to the door and said remember driving by a bus? and I said yes, and he just handed me a ticket for a 175(19). I told him I remember driving by a bus stopped on the road, but it had no lights on or sign up so I slowed down, and drove cautiously by it. Cautiously enough I guess for them to get my plate. The officer didnt really seem to care and left.

I am currently losing my mind right now because this is going to be a my word vs bus driver word thing. Will this affect future employment chances? Whats the likelyhood that hiring a parelegal could help me beat this? I know there is no points lost because this ticket is from the driver, but would it be better for me to try to plead it down to something like disobeying a sign so that I dont have something this bad on my abstract?

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

Unread post by Stanton »

Since you've been charged under section 175(19), it won't appear on your abstract at all. Assuming you pay the fine, the ticket will have no impact on your insurance rates, employment, etc. It would only appear on your abstract if you were charged as the driver.

If you really didn't commit the offence, you can certainly try to fight the charge in Court. I'm not sure if a paralegal is worth the expense since there's no consequence if you lose other then the fine.

JDean

Unread post by JDean »

your certain on this? The police told me it would show up. The parelegal that I talked to said it could effect future employment unless he was just blowing smoke up my ass?

JDean

Unread post by JDean »

If I go to court and lose would it make things worse? Or would I end up paying the fine + paralegal fees?