Failure To Drive In Marked Lane. Traffic Ticket. HTA: sec 156(1)(A)
WillieG

Not Sure Whre This Belongs

by: WillieG on

my niece slid off the raod on a slippery night and totalled her car, no one saw the accident and the driver whom stopped and found her had seen nothing, their were no witnesses to what had actually happened. The police charged her with crossing the center line and told her he could have charged her with careless driving. her father says the police was nice enough not to charge her with careless. In my younger days this would have been written off as "road conditions" and no charges would have been laid (i guess times change) My thought on this are the charge is made to fight? I can't see anything that is wrong with crossing the line if you do not impede any one elses driving on their half of the road or if no one is trying to overtake you. if there is nothing behind me and nothing in front of me can i not drive down the center of the road? the center line on this road is yellow if that makes a difference?

hwybear

Posting Awards

by: hwybear on

"road conditions" don't cause anyone to go off the road.

a driver can not drive on the wrong side of the road: during a hill, curve, bridge, railroad crossing, which is typically where yellow lines are found

and/or

driver must drive in a marked lane and may only leave the marked lane if it can be done safely

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
WillieG

by: WillieG on

hwybear wrote:"road conditions" don't cause anyone to go off the road.

a driver can not drive on the wrong side of the road: during a hill, curve, bridge, railroad crossing, which is typically where yellow lines are found

and/or

driver must drive in a marked lane and may only leave the marked lane if it can be done safely

the road is straight and level and the center line is a yellow broken line

(i will try and get the wording on the ticket)

Post a Reply

Return to “Improper driving when road is divided into lanes”