Accident Report Help

A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, hwybear, Reflections, admin, Decatur, bend

bluesnow

Accident Report Help

Unread post by bluesnow »

A person drove into the side of my car last week. I have a copy of the accident report but I am confused about what he was charged with. I see Carless Driving and Failing to Produce Proof of Insurance but I don't understand the rest. Can anyone interpret this for me?

Accident Report Charges
Accident Report Charges
Charges.jpg (40.87 KiB) Viewed 1969 times
Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

Unread post by Stanton »

The two 8 digit numbers would be the ticket numbers for the respective tickets. No sure what the "&amp" means, typo maybe? Never seen a typed MVC report before.

manwithaplan

Unread post by manwithaplan »

Stanton wrote:The two 8 digit numbers would be the ticket numbers for the respective tickets. No sure what the "&amp" means, typo maybe? Never seen a typed MVC report before.

I've wondered about this as well, so I looked it up:

Ampersands (&'s) in URLs

Another common error occurs when including a URL which contains an ampersand ("&"):

<!-- This is invalid! --> <a href="foo.cgi?chapter=1&section=2&copy=3&lang=en">...</a>

This example generates an error for "unknown entity section" because the "&" is assumed to begin an entity reference. Browsers often recover safely from this kind of error, but real problems do occur in some cases. In this example, many browsers correctly convert &copy=3 to ©=3, which may cause the link to fail. Since &lang; is the HTML entity for the left-pointing angle bracket, some browsers also convert &lang=en to 〈=en. And one old browser even finds the entity &sect;, converting &section=2 to §ion=2.

To avoid problems with both validators and browsers, always use & in place of & when writing URLs in HTML:

<a href="foo.cgi?chapter=1&section=2&copy=3&lang=en">...</a>

Note that replacing & with & is only done when writing the URL in HTML, where "&" is a special character (along with "<" and ">"). When writing the same URL in a plain text email message or in the location bar of your browser, you would use "&" and not "&". With HTML, the browser translates "&" to "&" so the Web server would only see "&" and not "&" in the query string of the request.

They're talking about urls, but I'd guess that it apply's in normal text as well?