manwithaplan

Successful 11b Filed, Case Thrown Out Today

by: manwithaplan on

Wanted to share my experience as people ask about this a lot.

*Please note that I chose a para legal service to represent me and file the 11b for me, as this is my first time going to traffic court, and was unsure of the procedures*

- Got a ticket for failing to stop at a red light at O'Conner Dr and Woodbine Ave. back in September 13, 2010.

- Chose a para legal after doing some research, they went and filed the motion for a trial (option 3).

- Received trial date near the end of April 2011, for June 7 2011 at the Markham Courthouse

- Requested disclosure early-mid May 2011

- At my trial, they offered me no points if I plead guilty, I refused

- Disclosure wasn't available until a couple days before trial date, so my para legal asked for an adjournment, since the court didn't give us enough time to review it

- Trial date pushed back to January 10, 2012 (today)

- Para legal filed the paperwork for me

- Went to my trail today, p/l went in before hand to sign in, told them we were filing an 11b, they immediately threw the case out

End of story!

Not that it makes any difference now, but I am 100% the light wasn't red. From where the officer was, the cross traffic lights are hard to see, it took him a long time to catch up to me (indicating to me that he wasn't very close to the lights) and he admitted to me he was on the phone. I was fully prepared to challenge it in court, but thankfully I didn't have to.

If anyone is curious about the para legal I used, feel free to shoot me a pm.

manwithaplan

by: manwithaplan on

$250 + tax to represent (included filing the ticket, appearing in court to represent me (twice), then another $50 to file the paperwork for the 11b. I could of done the paperwork myself if I wanted to, but I didn't want to risk screwing it up (since the ticket could affect my career), and didn't want to be bothered taking the time to do it, so I chose to pay them to do it. Plus, I had assumed the court would react better to having a para legal service doing it (in the sense that they'd be less likely to fight against, knowing that the P/L knows what they are doing).

Post a Reply