III

Failure To Remain, Failure To Report Accident, And

by: III on

I was speeding down the back side of my road and there is a sharp turn where it turns into my street, and the van flipped over on the curb. The van hit a support post and caused a bell canada post to be broken. I am charged with failure to remain, failure to report accident and failure to report damage, although bell canada will contact us and we will settle the damages. I did run away but i didnt hit anyone else and the only property damage occurred to bell canada. What should i go to trial expecting, and should i get a lawyer? I thinking i won't need one since i didnt collide with another vehicle but im not sure because im 18.

III

by: III on

Damn...ok well no i wasn't drunk at the time i was just scared, i called my dad and he said he would come but he was pissed so i panicked and spent the night at a friends...i never really knew about how serious it was to leave the scene, although that's my own fault for not knowing the rules, i just couldn't face my parents right away.

Anyways my dad ended up at the scene not too long after police and i thought they would just charge me with careless driving or something...again my own neglect for not knowing about how serious failure to remain is. Is there any possibility of getting a lesser charge? Also I'm not under my parents insurance yet either...Thank you for replying.

Post a Reply