A speeding traffic ticket is subject to section 128 of the Highway Traffic Act.
ironhorse

What Should I Do?

by: ironhorse on

My court date is in a couple of weeks...I had my fine reduced to a 20 over or else would have been doing 41 over in a construction zone...I was only car on country road...the odds are stacked against me....QUestions are (may sound stupid- Im a newbie):

1. If cop shows up what should I do before trail- talk to him to reduce further?

2. Will I have a chance to reduce further with JP? What option do I have here?

3. If cop does not show up what do I do?

4. Can you suggest what I should do if I missed anything above 1- 3?

Don't want to look like a bad noob on the stand? I need someone to hold a newbie's hand! Thanks

Reflections

by: Reflections on

1. If cop shows up what should I do before trail- talk to him to reduce further?-------> You caught a break, take the fine.

2. Will I have a chance to reduce further with JP? What option do I have here?------> Slim to nil the JP will help, unless you can prove the officer was wrong

3. If cop does not show up what do I do?-------> If the officer is not present, try to proceed with the trial, the crown might drop it outright or try to reschedule, try for the trial

4. Can you suggest what I should do if I missed anything above 1- 3?-----> What you see is what you get, good luck.

http://www.OHTA.ca OR http://www.OntarioTrafficAct.com
ironhorse

by: ironhorse on

3. If cop does not show up what do I do?-------> If the officer is not present, try to proceed with the trial, the crown might drop it outright or try to reschedule, try for the trial

Regarding above what odds do I have proceeding with the trail if cop a no show and winning? What do I generally do in this case?

Post a Reply

Return to “Exceeding the speed limit by 16 to 29 km/h”