Some Advice Please?

A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Reflections, admin, Radar Identified, hwybear, bend, Decatur

Flyboy099

Some Advice Please?

Unread post by Flyboy099 »

Hey,

Recently got three tickets driving home. Drive motor vehicle without licence, failed to have insurance card and no currently validated permit. What happen was I was pulled over because my tag expired a month eariler. I was then made aware of my expired insurance card and licence that I presented(1 month expired as well). Due to the time frame(of almost a month) of those things expiring I'm worried I don't have much to go on to fight to lose/lower the tickets. The charges seems all valid and I have no chance of lowering them or disputing them.

I had my expired insurance card and licence (by one month) with me. The new insurance card was at home. My licence renew process hadn't started which I attribute to my failure to update my tag, which is obviously a oversight on my part which I really have no excuse for(a lot going on). The cop seized my licence and told me to dispute the failure to have insurance card with me and no licence one. I renewed and got my licence back the next morning and was able to drive home that night.

Just looking for some feedback, thanks.

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

Unread post by Stanton »

In my experience, the Crown is usually willing to offer reasonable plea deals for what I'd call "administrative" charges like yours. Get everything up to date right away, and request a first attendance meeting with the Crown. Take in proof of your updated licence, ownership and insurance and see what they offer. Hopefully they'll drop a couple of the charges or at least significantly reduce the fine.