A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

YMS_1975

New To The Forum.

by: YMS_1975 on

Hello,

I'm new to the forum. After doing a Google search, I came across the site and I've got a couple of questions. I hope I'm in the right area to ask them (and apologize if I'm not).

About 12 days ago (which leaves me only 3 days now to make a decision) I received 3 tickets from the same MTO officer. I'm a tow truck driver and he said that I ... :

1) Was not using tow lights - Defect Code : 224

2) That my tail lamp was non-functional - Defect Code : 222

3) That my turn signal was non-functional - Defect Code : 225

I mean, this guy went to town on me. I explained that this error was not due to ignorance and that due diligence had been exercised. I was aware of the situation (after I got) on the highway, pulled over to the side of the road and called my dispatch and proceeded as I was directed to. And before anybody gets all judgmental on me, I'm CAA....I'm NOT one of those tow truck drivers that'll scoop your car while you go shopping. Not that I have anything against those guys either; they're making an honest living in my opinion. But that's not the point.

The point is, this guy saw me and had a field day with my license. 3 tickets?!

I also don't see any mention of demerit points here on any of the paperwork. I did notice that in the top left hand corner of the summary sheet it says : Level 2. Does that mean 2 demerit points for all 3 tickets? Or does that mean something else entirely?

I'm definitely going to fight this in court. My questions are :

1) If I fight this in court but don't have an agent representing me at the time of filing the court date, can I obtain an agent later on before the court date?

2) Will this appear on my general driver's abstract?

3) Will this cause my own personal insurance to go up?

Lil' help? :(

hwybear

Posting Awards

by: hwybear on

What you describe is a CVIR (Commercial Vehicle Inspection Report) Level 2 Inspection. The codes are for particular problems with the truck. The complete CVIR gets "logged" or "added" to the CVOR (Commercial Vehicle Operator Registration) number for the company that owns the truck. The codes /violations are also added onto the company's CVOR record (similiar to your own driving history), not your driving record.

If you got a ticket it will be "yellow" and will say "Provincial Offence Notice" on the top.

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
YMS_1975

by: YMS_1975 on

hwybear wrote:What you describe is a CVIR (Commercial Vehicle Inspection Report) Level 2 Inspection. The codes are for particular problems with the truck. The complete CVIR gets "logged" or "added" to the CVOR (Commercial Vehicle Operator Registration) number for the company that owns the truck. The codes /violations are also added onto the company's CVOR record (similiar to your own driving history), not your driving record.

If you got a ticket it will be "yellow" and will say "Provincial Offence Notice" on the top.

Since it's not a ticket and just the CVIR, do you think it's worth it to fight it or just try to get a reduced rate?

Post a Reply