Got a Failing to obey signs traffic ticket?
Trigga

What Can I Get This Disobey Sign Reduced To? ***see Pic

by: Trigga on

I made a right turn in a Four way stop during the prohibited time (4 to 6pm.. Buses, bikes, taxi excepted). The officer hit me up with Disobey Sign. What Can I have this charge reduced too?

Can't I make a By-Law (Prohibited Right Turn) Argument?? I know Improper Left/Right turns and HTA 144(9)Proceed contrary to sign at intersections have the same amount of demerits so there is no point of reducing it to those charges.

Does anyone have experience or any suggestions on what to have the charge amended to?

The regular amended charge for disobey signs are usually HTA 144 (10) Disobey Lane Light and 144 (12) Green light fail to proceed as directed

Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (52.49 KiB) Viewed 3658 times
Radar Identified

by: Radar Identified on

Some Prosecutors will still offer the by-law infraction, depending on the circumstances and your driving record. Otherwise, they'll like at something like "disobey lane light" (even if there was no traffic light at the intersection) for a plea bargain.

* The above is NOT legal advice. By acting on anything I have said, you assume responsibility for any outcome and consequences. *
http://www.OntarioTicket.com OR http://www.OHTA.ca
bscarlett

by: bscarlett on

I think I know where that is....just west of Bayview on Moore?

I just won a no left hand turn (Disobey sign was the charge) ticket yesterday and the prosecutor offered interfering with traffic, $60.00 and no points. I had a discovery notice that was not responded to and the officer failed to keep the car in sight after the infraction so I decided not to take the deal. In the end, there was no evidence from the officer and the charges were withdrawn. My record is still intact...two times to court and two wins!

Post a Reply