Arches

Seven Summons At Once. Big Help Needed (((

by: Arches on

Hello. So basically I purchased a vehicle just yesterday and decided to take it for a small highway drive and obviously got stopped by the cop. Sad thing is - I only have G1, no insurance, no permits, no nothing.... I know this is the dumbest thing you can do... but I did it and now gotta live it through. So here are the offenses (i believe they are not tickets):

1) Driving motor vehicle with only 1 license plate (rear)

2) Fail to surrender permit for motor vehicle (I DO have it however, it was at home... but I do have it, and can prove it is actually my vehicle)

3) The use of a defaced or altered number plate (the sticker was fake... however I found the plate like that)

4) Operate a vehicle without insurance

5) Fail to surrender driver license (didnt even have my G1 with me)

6) License holder not accompanied by qualified driver (i only had G1)

7) Use plate not authorized for vehicle (i basically found that only plate that i used, and it was obviously registered for a different vehicle)

Please recommend me how to deal with those summons and tell me what charges should I expect. The cop told me that the court may drop ALL of the offenses however I think he only told me that to calm me down. They also towed my car to my parking lot.

p.s. I have never been charged with anything before, and never been in court either so I with be thankful if anyone also briefly describes how my "court day" is gonna be.

p.s.s. Also if I get fines for those offenses, how are they usually payed out and over what period?

nerd

by: nerd on

Arches wrote:Hello. So basically I purchased a vehicle just yesterday and decided to take it for a small highway drive and obviously got stopped by the cop. Sad thing is - I only have G1, no insurance, no permits, no nothing.... I know this is the dumbest thing you can do... but I did it and now gotta live it through. So here are the offenses (i believe they are not tickets):

1) Driving motor vehicle with only 1 license plate (rear)

2) Fail to surrender permit for motor vehicle (I DO have it however, it was at home... but I do have it, and can prove it is actually my vehicle)

3) The use of a defaced or altered number plate (the sticker was fake... however I found the plate like that)

4) Operate a vehicle without insurance

5) Fail to surrender driver license (didnt even have my G1 with me)

6) License holder not accompanied by qualified driver (i only had G1)

7) Use plate not authorized for vehicle (i basically found that only plate that i used, and it was obviously registered for a different vehicle)

Please recommend me how to deal with those summons and tell me what charges should I expect. The cop told me that the court may drop ALL of the offenses however I think he only told me that to calm me down. They also towed my car to my parking lot.

p.s. I have never been charged with anything before, and never been in court either so I with be thankful if anyone also briefly describes how my "court day" is gonna be.

p.s.s. Also if I get fines for those offenses, how are they usually payed out and over what period?

You are facing a 30-day G1 permit suspension, increased insurance rates when you get your G2 and you could be denied G2 eligibility for 4-years. According to what you've explained, you're also guilty of all 7-charges. It is difficult to recommend much to you without knowing if you're over 18 or not. If you're under 18, you should speak with your parents first. They may have their own lawyer or a firm they prefer to deal with. If you're 18 or older, you will want to consult a traffic defense lawyer for more information.

Simon Borys
VIP
VIP

by: Simon Borys on

The fines you're looking at are likely:

1) Driving motor vehicle with only 1 license plate (rear) - $85

2) Fail to surrender permit for motor vehicle (I DO have it however, it was at home... but I do have it, and can prove it is actually my vehicle) - $85

3) The use of a defaced or altered number plate (the sticker was fake... however I found the plate like that) $100-200

4) Operate a vehicle without insurance $5000

5) Fail to surrender driver license (didnt even have my G1 with me) - $85

6) License holder not accompanied by qualified driver (i only had G1) - $85

7) Use plate not authorized for vehicle (i basically found that only plate that i used, and it was obviously registered for a different vehicle) - $100-200

That would be if you were convicted of all 7 offences. If you plea bargain or plead guilty with an explanation, those fines are subject to change. Most JP's give a maximum of 6 months to pay, and if you've been making payments when the 6 months ends, you can apply for an extension to continue paying without your licence going into suspension for unpaid fines.

NOTHING I SAY ON HERE IS LEGAL ADVICE.
Post a Reply