A speeding traffic ticket is subject to section 128 of the Highway Traffic Act.
pipars

Magic 49b

by: pipars on

Hi, After the adjourned trial, I had a chance to chat with the officer. I asked him - what does he have to support his claim that I was speeding. He pointed to his head and said - "It's all here". So I asked if there is any other evidence, like pictures from the radar, something printed from the radar etc. He said he doesn't have any of this, but he has his "fourty - nine B" and this is enough. He refused to clarify it any futher.

Does anybody here knows what the "49 B" is?

On the disclosure papers from the officer I can read - "MTP #0049B". The laser model he used is "SpeedLaser" by Laser Atlanta.

Thank you for your help.

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

by: Stanton on

pipars wrote:Hi, After the adjourned trial, I had a chance to chat with the officer. I asked him - what does he have to support his claim that I was speeding. He pointed to his head and said - "It's all here". So I asked if there is any other evidence, like pictures from the radar, something printed from the radar etc.

Can't answer your main question, but radars, lasers, etc. do not photograph the vehicle, nor do they print out speed readings. They have an electronic display with all the relevant information (typically target speed and sometimes range and/or direction of travel). The information is kept on the display until the officer clears the display or the device powers down. There is no obligation for the officer to show you the reading. The only devices that photograph the vehicle along with the readings are automated systems such as red light cameras and the old photo radar.

hwybear

Posting Awards

by: hwybear on

have

Stanton wrote: The information is kept on the display until the officer clears the display or the device powers down. There is no obligation for the officer to show you the reading.

Nor is there an obligation to even "lock" the speed onto the display.

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
Post a Reply

Return to “Exceeding the speed limit by 16 to 29 km/h”