A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

babel_22

Help!! Please! I Really Need Some Guidance..

by: babel_22 on

HI. PLEASE CAN SOMEONE ASNWER MY QUESTION.. I HAVE BEEN STRESSING OUT FOR THE WHOLE WEEKEND.. ANYWAYS HERES MY STORY... I GOT PULLED OVER AND BLEW OVER 0.05 BUT UNDER 0.08.. IT WAS MY FIRST OFFENCE AND I HAVE A G LICENSE... SO THEY SUSPENDED MY LICENSE FOR 3 DAYS AND TOLD ME I CAN GET MY LICENSE BACK MARCH 29TH.... I DID NOT GET ANY OTHER TICKET OR ANYTHING ELSE.. MY CAR GOT TOWED AND I PAID THE TOW FEE... NOW HERE IS MY QUESTION...

THE OFFICER TOLD ME I WOULD NOT GET A LETTER TO MY ADDRESS STATING MY LICENSE GOT SUSPENDED BECAUSE HE PERSONALLY GAVE ME A NOTICE in person.... HOWEVER HE SAID I MIGHT GET A LETTER AFTER MARCH 29TH STATING THAT MY LICENSE WILL GET REINSTATED AND THAT I SHOULD PAY THE 150 DOLLAR FEE... MY QUESTION IS HOW CAN I AVOID NOT GETTING THIS LETTER... I DO NOT WANT MY PARENTS TO FIND OUT MY LICENSE GOT SUSPENDED.... IS THERE ANYWAY TO AVOID THIS LETTER COMING TO MY HOUSE? LIKE CAN I SHOW UP ON MARCH 28TH AND PAY THE FEE OR CAN I CHANGE MY MAILING ADDRESS ON MONDAY AND WILL IT TAKE AFFECT IMMEDIATELY BCUZ IM PRETTY SURE THE LETTER WILL GET SENT OUT ON MARCH 28TH OR 29TH.. ALSO MY PARENTS OPEN MY MAIL... SO WHAT DOES THIS LETTER STATE IN IT? DOES IT ONLY STATE THAT MY LICENSE IS REINSTATED OR DOES IT DESCRIBE THE SUSPENSION... I NEED HELP PLEASE IM STRESSING.. HOW CAN I AVOID NOT GETTING THIS LETTER? CHANGE MY ADDRESS OR GO TO THE MINISTRY... MY LICENSE IS BEING RE INSTATED ON TUESDAY MAR 29TH... AM I LATE? OR SHOULD I CHANGE MY ADDRESS ON MY LICENSE ONLINE, SO I WONT GET THIS LETTER... PLEASE HELP... THANK YOU I APPRECIATE IT.. I GOTTA STOP STRESSING...

OPS Copper

by: OPS Copper on

No the letter is generated is some department, most likely in Kingston as that is where my replacement DL came from It is not generated at the local MTO office. You cannot pick it up and it will be mailed that is how it works in Ontario. That is how the notice of suspension is served.

The letter will pretty much look like any letter and will have a Ontario gov't writing on it.

If your parents open your mail that is between you and your parents and nothing that this site can help with.

And if you want to be taken seriously turn on the spell check and use it. Your last post had so many grammatical and spelling mistakes you look ignorant.

OPS

hk111

by: hk111 on

You're right; you have to stop stressing. I all likelihood, you're over 21. (Otherwise, I imagine, the charge would have been having a BAC above 0.) You're a man or woman who made a mistake. This mistake is not the end of the world; it's not good but it could have been so much worse. Of course you don't want your parents to find out. But if they do, you're all adults and adults make mistakes and deal with mistakes. Most parents would recognize that you have to take your lumps from Ontario's justice system and not from them. Maybe now would be the time to assert your adult right to privacy with respect to your mail.

Post a Reply