Help! Tips For Red Light Camera Ticket

Whome

Help! Tips For Red Light Camera Ticket

Unread post by Whome »

Hi there - I just received a $325 red light camera ticket. My first ticket after 20 years of driving and although frankly there's no denying that's my car going through that intersection in the pictures, I'd appreciate assistance from anyone on the forum in helping me to either have this dismissed or have my fine reduced. Here are the details:

- offense date jan 13/2011 1:48pm in Brampton, region of peel

- signal had displayed red for 000.3 seconds when vehicle approached intersection

- vehicle proceeded through intersection when light had been red for 001.0 seconds

- date of deemed service feb 4/2011

- photos says "amber 4.0"

- photos both say speed 83.0 km/hr (I believe the speed limit is probably 60 or 70 in that area)

- photo b actually shows 2 vehicles in front of me in the intersection with the light red (I'd have to assume they must have been ticketed as well)

Thanks in advance for your help!

Radar Identified

Unread post by Radar Identified »

"Dismissed" is pretty difficult for a red light camera ticket. I'm not aware of any court cases or precedents that have been successfully used to fight red light camera tickets, other than technical errors on the ticket itself (e.g. wrong licence plate, form was revoked, etc). As far as getting the fine reduced, from what I've seen with this charge, the best thing to do is file for a trial date, and then talk to the Prosecutor in advance about getting a reduced fine. Sometimes they'll reduce it to $125 if you agree to plea guilty after arranging for a trial. Regardless, the ticket will not go on your driver abstract, you will not get demerit points, and your insurance will not increase.

Good luck with it.

* The above is NOT legal advice. By acting on anything I have said, you assume responsibility for any outcome and consequences. *
http://www.OntarioTicket.com OR http://www.OHTA.ca