Ozoneus

Failure To Remain At An Accident I Never Had...

by: Ozoneus on

This is a rather strange story if I may say so myself.

Last week I got a letter from Toronto Police saying that my vehicle was involved in a collision. I got in touch with the officer in charge of the case and was informed that I struck another car while exiting a plaza a week prior.

He described me, my car and the area I live in. From the words of the other driver everybody was stopped at a red light as I exited, damaged his car and was on my way. I told the officer that I do not recall anything like this happening but the description of the car, myself and the area match one to one.

The driver of the other car said that I hit him in such a way that I would have damage on the right side of my car. Upon inspection I found no damage apart from minor scratches that were there before.

I haven't been charged with anything yet, but I definitely don't want anything like this near my record. I currently have to get in touch with the officer to give him my insurance info so that he can file the report with MOT.

Any advice regarding this and what I can do to fight it would be greatly appreciated!

Radar Identified

by: Radar Identified on

If they were really determined, they could take some paint samples and fairly easily find out if your vehicles did come in to contact or not. At this point, the best thing to do is cooperate with the investigation. You should also offer to bring your vehicle in to them so they could take paint samples, as a suggestion to show you have nothing to hide.

* The above is NOT legal advice. By acting on anything I have said, you assume responsibility for any outcome and consequences. *
http://www.OntarioTicket.com OR http://www.OHTA.ca
hwybear

Posting Awards

by: hwybear on

watching toooooooooo much CSI for a fender bender

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
Ozoneus

by: Ozoneus on

A small update. The officer in charge of investigation is not charging me with hit and run, which is good. BUT, I am getting an "at fault" accident on my record which is what I want to fight. I've been in contact with the other party and I'm trying to arrange a meeting to show them that this was not my car. Does anyone know if I would be able to get them to withdraw their collision report?

I've already offered to show my vehicle to the officer, he didn't really want to see it.

beleafer81

by: beleafer81 on

When I got in an accident the insurance adjuster told me that I would probably get calls from their insurance or the other person. they told me not to answer any questions, to get him their info and let him do the talking. Thinking of your situation I would notify your insurance of what is happining and that you did not have an accident and let them handle it. If the officer cant charge you with a hit and run he probably doesn't have the evedence to suport any claims at all.

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove - Alonzo Harris (Denzel Washington) in Training Day
Post a Reply