looking for help

Radar Question

by: looking for help on

So, unfortunately I received the manual from the prosecutor. damn it! But after review (Genesis ii directional) I am hoping someone can help me:

Cop was traveling opposite direction, I was passing another vehicle to my right. Cop's notes also indicate both approaching vehicle speeds. I'm curious as to how much time is involved in being able to measure and record both approaching speeds? What are the actual mechanics involved (what does the cop do, what does the radar automatically do and how the hell does the radar know theres only 2 cars etc).

Here are my thoughts in challenging the evidence: Notes state that the officer saw approaching vehicle at a high rate of speed (which i find highly unlikely given that it was very dark and zero lighting). I therefore want to determine the distance that he supposedly determined this high rate of speed...

If the distance is very far, then there may be doubt that this guy follows procedure or just radars everything that passes by.

So, if i can get a minimum lead time (how much time does it take to measure both approaching car's speeds, verify the radar patrol speed read-out vs the patrol speedo, etc) then I can calculate the distance the initial sighting took place.

A similar argument could be made if the cop says that the speeds where measured AFTER passing (with the rear antenna although no indication is given which antenna were used). If it takes x seconds to determine speeds, verify patrol speed accuracy, bring the vehicle to a stop, make a u-turn and then catch-up then there is at least x metres between the cop and the cars which could lead to pulling the wrong car over etc..

hope this isn't too confusing, any insight on the radar would be sweet.

thanks!

Reflections

by: Reflections on

So, if i can get a minimum lead time (how much time does it take to measure both approaching car's speeds, verify the radar patrol speed read-out vs the patrol speedo, etc) then I can calculate the distance the initial sighting took place.

Takes about a second, if less.

See if you can find the manual online, it will detail everything.

The arguement you are making here will not stand up in court, you may wish to focus on something else.

http://www.OHTA.ca OR http://www.OntarioTrafficAct.com
Post a Reply