Angel774

81 In A 50 - Please Help

by: Angel774 on

I got a Part 3 for 81 in a 50. I met the prosecutor and since this was my first ticket with no previous violations at all, he offered to reduce it to 15 over with 0 pts. I want to know if I accept this will it impact my insurance, as its up for renewal soon. I'm out of a job currently so can't afford higher insurance. So I want to know if I should fight it or accept 15 over. Also is there a possibility to reduce the offense to something like a "impeding traffic" violation where I pay the fine and it wont impact my insurance. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Simon Borys
VIP
VIP

by: Simon Borys on

You got a Part III for a first offence of speeding 31 km over? That's unusual. In my opinion, the 15 over is a good deal, if you're looking at pleading. Of course you can fight the charge as well, but speeding under 50 km/hr is an absolute liability offence so there's really no defence available to you, meaning you would basically have to prove that you weren't speeding in order to have the charge dismissed (or if the crown fails to prove it's case).

It will likely affect your insurance, everything does. I've never heard of any other charge you cold get it reduced to that wouldn't affect your insurance.

If you're not sure if you want to plea and you would like to know the strength of the crown's case before you decide you can request disclosure and look at the officers notes to get an idea of the evidence they will be calling.

NOTHING I SAY ON HERE IS LEGAL ADVICE.
Post a Reply

Return to “Exceeding the speed limit by 30 to 49 km/h”