Failing to obey a stop sign - Highway Traffic Act section 136(1).
freak

Another Ticket For Fail To Stop At Red :(

by: freak on

hi,guys. im in the same boat as u guys probably right now. i entered an amber intersection and it turn red when i was in the mid of the intersection(going straight). a fail to stop at red light ticket was received. i had this in london btw.

i'd like to know three things, please.

1. is there any extra charge if i decide to fight the charge at the trial?

2. if im convicted, does this conviction stay forever on my drivers abstract?

3. what are the usual ways to delay/reschedule a trial?

thanks

FyreStorm

Posting Awards

by: FyreStorm on

1-$5 court costs....

2-No, 3 years

3-Go to court, ask for an adjournment...have a reason...on first appearance, tell them you are having difficulty getting representation etc...

freak

by: freak on

thanks,buddy.

how about getting sick for a doctor's notes; asking for a translator (english not being my first language fortunately)?

however, i dont see a first apperance option on the back of my LONDON issued ticket.

FyreStorm wrote:1-$5 court costs....

2-No, 3 years

3-Go to court, ask for an adjournment...have a reason...on first appearance, tell them you are having difficulty getting representation etc...

Traffic Law

by: Traffic Law on

I am not sure why you are thinking about the ways to change the court date or bring doctors note, etc.....

Based on the scenario you have provided you have a solid defence to the charge and should go to trial. Obtain disclosure, prepare for trial with representative or by yourself and go for it.

Post a Reply