112 Km/h In A Posted 80 Zone

KTales

112 Km/h In A Posted 80 Zone

Unread post by KTales »

Today I got ticketed today doing 32 over the posted limit ($232 fine), Earlier this month I was also ticketed for roughly the same speed (109 in an 80)...As the officer handed me the ticket today he said he wanted me to fill out the court option and call the crown because "there is something the crown can do that he cant do there"...I was just wondering what he was referring to and whether taking this route is a good idea or not...I dont want to end up spending money I dont have to go to court for little gain.

~KTales~

Radar Identified

Unread post by Radar Identified »

There is no additional charge to go to court. The $5 court fee is already included in your total payable.

He was referring to reducing the speed in a plea-bargain, to 15 km/h over the limit. That would give you a total payable of $52.50, if you wanted to go that route...

* The above is NOT legal advice. By acting on anything I have said, you assume responsibility for any outcome and consequences. *
http://www.OntarioTicket.com OR http://www.OHTA.ca
KTales

Unread post by KTales »

Alright, well I think I would rather take that route..even if only to prolong the time i have to pay the fine. What exactly do I have to do to make a plea bargain (Sorry I dont know very much about the court system seeing as I've only ever had these 2 tickets). I assume I have to fill out option #2 on the back of the ticket but I am rather lost after that.

Traffic Law

Unread post by Traffic Law »

Option 3 is the only reasonable way to go about fighting traffic tickets. All other options are NON WIN situatios.

Also, make sure you obtain disclsoure and review it before your trial date to ensure that there is actually a case against you that can be made out. Speeding defences are technical and require signifficant knowledge of the manufacturer's specs and police procedures.