racer
VIP
VIP

Posting Awards

by: racer on

Impossible is nothing, although many things are quite improbable. Do you know anyone who had a similar charge that they did not fight?

"The more laws, the less justice" - Marcus Tullius Cicero
"The hardest thing to explain is the obvious"

www.OHTA.ca & www.OntarioHighwayTrafficAct.com
ticketcombat

by: ticketcombat on

Part 1 charges are capped at $500. The fact that you received a Part 3 summons is usually an indicator that the fine will exceed $500. You said you were doing 120km/h in an 80km zone. Speeding 40km over the limit won't give you a fine over $400. Why would they issue a Part 3 summons for a fine under $500? That's what didn't make sense while we were trying to figure out how much your fine would be.

You also said you were close to racing at 49km/h over the limit. Which is it? How fast were you going? What did they charge you with?

Is there something you are not telling us? We're trying to help you...

racer
VIP
VIP

Posting Awards

by: racer on

You paralegal is probably right, as in your case there is not only fact that you were speeding 49 over but also your having a G1 license, which will complicate things over for you. Good luck fighting it.

"The more laws, the less justice" - Marcus Tullius Cicero
"The hardest thing to explain is the obvious"

www.OHTA.ca & www.OntarioHighwayTrafficAct.com
Nervous

by: Nervous on

I was charged with going 49km/h over the limit. And it is a Part 3 summons. But isn't it possible that they can reduce the charge? It was my first offense. I thank you all for helping me. It's just that I'm scared.

Post a Reply

Return to “Exceeding the speed limit by 30 to 49 km/h”