A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

Tom98989

Two Tickets And Court, Newb Needs Advice

by: Tom98989 on

I got my first ticket(s) in 15 years, for a rolling stop of the Gardiner West ramp at Yonge, by a whole bunch of cruisers under the bridge pegging off people 1 by 1. I didn't have my wallet, so 1 ticket no licence surrendered, 1 ticket fail to stop.

1)Should I use a professional rep in court? or

2) My natural thought would be to pay the no licence ticket, and reschedule the court date later for the no-stopping. I know that all these officers from that day will have at least a dozen of tickets that day each, all scheduled for them the same day in court. If I reschedule later, I expect there is less of a chance of the officer showing up. Make sense? If so how do I post-pone trial for another date? Do I have to have somebody say I am sick during the trial?

3) I figure it doesn't look good to fight both tickets at the same time. ?

Thanks in advance.

FyreStorm

Posting Awards

by: FyreStorm on

Go to court on and speak to the prosecutor, plead to the licence if they drop the moving violation.

Tom98989

FyreStorm wrote:Go to court on and speak to the prosecutor, plead to the licence if they drop the moving violation.

Is the no-licence-surrendered considered something insurance can get me for?

FyreStorm

Posting Awards

by: FyreStorm on

Not a moving violation. No points. It's a ticket sure. But does it make you a less safe driver cause you forgot your licence in your other pants? No.

Tom98989

Can I go to that early-meet (forgot what it's called) to do this or do I have to go to court?

Thx again FyreStorm.

Reflections

by: Reflections on

Tom98989 wrote:Can I go to that early-meet (forgot what it's called) to do this or do I have to go to court?

Thx again FyreStorm.

It's not really an early "meet", just be there before your scheduled time...you will have a chance to speak to the Crown before the trial..

http://www.OHTA.ca OR http://www.OntarioTrafficAct.com
Radar Identified

by: Radar Identified on

There's also "First Attendance," if you wanted to resolve it prior to the day of trial.

* The above is NOT legal advice. By acting on anything I have said, you assume responsibility for any outcome and consequences. *
http://www.OntarioTicket.com OR http://www.OHTA.ca
viper1

by: viper1 on

Tom98989 wrote:I got my first ticket(s) in 15 years, for a rolling stop of the Gardiner West ramp at Yonge, by a whole bunch of cruisers under the bridge pegging off people 1 by 1. I didn't have my wallet, so 1 ticket no licence surrendered, 1 ticket fail to stop.

1)Should I use a professional rep in court? or

2) My natural thought would be to pay the no licence ticket, and reschedule the court date later for the no-stopping. I know that all these officers from that day will have at least a dozen of tickets that day each, all scheduled for them the same day in court. If I reschedule later, I expect there is less of a chance of the officer showing up. Make sense? If so how do I post-pone trial for another date? Do I have to have somebody say I am sick during the trial?

3) I figure it doesn't look good to fight both tickets at the same time. ?

Thanks in advance.

Well if you want to beat that ticket it is easy.

I don't think they will let me post the answer though.

Cheers

Viper1

"hang onto your chair when reading my posts
use at your own risk"
Post a Reply