A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

synergy

by: synergy on

Can't say I agree with this part though...

"If the officer asks do you know why you are being pulled over, tell them yes, you were speeding. "

I mean, you don't have to answer, "yes".... instead you could say, "I think I have an idea", or "I'm pretty sure you're about to tell me officer"......

I believe roadside statements like saying "yes, I was speeding", could be used against you in court. Then again, I could be wrong...... I do get the point (I am never an ass and always polite) ... as a matter of fact, on my last ticket, my wife actually said "thank-you" to the officer. "Thank you"... what was she thinking???

I fight all my tickets!
hwybear

Posting Awards

by: hwybear on

What you say at roadside (ie I was going 124) can only be used in a "voir dire". I have yet to see that used in any speeding trial, not that it could not.

Personally, if someone admits to the speed I give them a break. If they less than forthwith with the truth, they do not receive a break.

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
synergy

I am extremely polite when I get pulled over, but don't recall any officer asking me why he pulled me over... they usually start the converstion by TELLING me I was clocked at doing xx km over...... getting a ticket is very business like and quick these days.

I don't get any breaks anymore. Meaning, I don't ever get let off with a warning, even though I am a nice guy to the cop. If you officers keep a record of all the the tickets I get, then I could understand why no one cuts me a break .... but I've been convicted of none though. What's the deal when you call up our license number? Can you see tickets or convictions, or both?

I fight all my tickets!
Reflections

by: Reflections on

instead you could say, "I think I have an idea", or "I'm pretty sure you're about to tell me officer"......

Probably not good either, alright, I know it's not good. :D

http://www.OHTA.ca OR http://www.OntarioTrafficAct.com
hwybear

Posting Awards

synergy wrote: What's the deal when you call up our license number? Can you see tickets or convictions, or both?

If cruiser with a computer, you can see the owner, expiry. If you tab on the owner, you can see the complete driving history since they were first licenced.

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
synergy

so you can see all the tickets, whether they were convictions or not?

I fight all my tickets!
hwybear

Posting Awards

convictions only...but can see those back since the driver was first licenced

Post a Reply