A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

Jay

Defense Tactics

by: Jay on

I find the discussions on these boards fascinating. I am curious about a situation that a friend of mine is encountering.

How would a JP view the admission of guilt of something that a person was not charged with? If the Prosecutor argues that a person "ran a red light" but you were not specifically charged with running a red light? Officer never gave testimony to the fact that the person ran a red light. Would a JP find you guilty of that offense instead of what you had been originally charged with?

Is that a defense tactic you would recommend or refrain from?

viper1

by: viper1 on

Jay wrote:I find the discussions on these boards fascinating. I am curious about a situation that a friend of mine is encountering.

How would a JP view the admission of guilt of something that a person was not charged with? If the Prosecutor argues that a person "ran a red light" but you were not specifically charged with running a red light? Officer never gave testimony to the fact that the person ran a red light. Would a JP find you guilty of that offense instead of what you had been originally charged with?

Is that a defense tactic you would recommend or refrain from?

After you say guilty you at their mercy.

Nothing else matters.

sorry

Cheers

Viper1

"hang onto your chair when reading my posts
use at your own risk"
Post a Reply