blackoffi

A Little Compassion?

by: blackoffi on

I was caught while driving under a suspended licence (going over my demerit points(G2)/failure to notify change of address) end of last June in Durham.

So I go through my 60 days suspension, then Drive test goes on strike (cannot get my licence back even for a few weeks), I go to trial for my suspension and, under the advice of my lawyer, I plead guilty (that's an additional 6 months suspension + $1,000 fine). Lost my job, got another underpaid job, struggled to pay the fine (which I finally did 3 weeks ago).

So to recap: 9 months without driving + unemployment + lawyer fees + loss of wages = $5,000 +. Going away on vacation without paying 2 speeding tickets: priceless! (Dont get me wrong, I screwed up ROYALLY)

Now I just got an offer to start a new job in 2 weeks where I will definetely need to drive. My suspension ends in mid-April (another 5 weeks).

What do you think my options are? Talk to a lawyer? Prosecutor? MTO? Drive Test? I'm hoping for some some sort of drive-for-work authorisation.

Help really apreciated

hwybear

Posting Awards

by: hwybear on

blackoffi wrote:

Now I just got an offer to start a new job in 2 weeks where I will definetely need to drive. My suspension ends in mid-April (another 5 weeks).

What do you think my options are?

that would be your answer

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
Post a Reply

Return to “Driving While Suspended”