Failure To Drive In Marked Lane. Traffic Ticket. HTA: sec 156(1)(A)
omee

Fail To Drive In Marked Lane - Incorrect Location On Ticket

by: omee on

I received a ticket yesterday near Canada's wonderland. Here is what happened.

I was driving with my 3 friends to Canada's Wonderland and was two lanes over from the exit, at the last moment i noticed the exit and turned to the right to make the exit, going over the solid lines that divide the lane. I got off the exit and was stopped at the lights, I was going straight into the Wonderland entrance, thats when the police officer came and drove up beside me and told me to right instead and pull over. He kept it short and gave me a ticket for " Fail to drive in marked lane".

I have clean record now and I havent received any tickets in over 3 years, and I really dont want to have one on my record, especially since this one has 3 demerit points. I know if I plea bargain I can probably get the demerit points taken off and just pay the fine but I really dont want the ticket on my record. Should I take the ticket to court? I am asking only because on the ticket the office wrote the location was HWY 400N and Major Mackenzie, but that is incorrect as the exit for Wonderland is 400 and Rutherford rd. I had even told the cop when he asked me i took the turn to go to Wonderland. Do I have cause for dismissal or should I just plea bargain?

hwybear

Posting Awards

by: hwybear on

I only put on the road name (ie Hwy 400N) where the offence took place. I only add a 2nd road name if the offence is a collision at an intersection with another road.

Other officers do put the 2nd road name as a reference point of the infraction (ie Hwy 400N and Rutherford) OR a reference point as to where the vehicle was stopped. (ie Hwy 400N and Major Mackenzie)

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
omee

by: omee on

So I guess I should probably just plea bargain and ask for the points to be dropped.

Can I wait until the actual trial to plea bargain? Im hoping the officer will not attend but if he does can I still plea bargain?

racer
VIP
VIP

Posting Awards

by: racer on

omee wrote:So I guess I should probably just plea bargain and ask for the points to be dropped.

Can I wait until the actual trial to plea bargain? Im hoping the officer will not attend but if he does can I still plea bargain?

Yup.

"The more laws, the less justice" - Marcus Tullius Cicero
"The hardest thing to explain is the obvious"

www.OHTA.ca & www.OntarioHighwayTrafficAct.com
Post a Reply