Sovs2009

Speeding 100km/h In A 60km/h

by: Sovs2009 on

I was wondering if I could get some advice.

I was driving between Dryden and Kenora on a Sunday morning and I got pulled over for speeding 100km/h in a 60km/h zone in Vermillion Bay.

I initially slowed to a 60 and around the last corner of Vermillion Bay I started accelerating because the 90km/h sign was a block away...I jumped the gun around the corner. The OPP officer was sitting in his car on the opposite side of the road and started his lights as soon as I was visible around the corner. I looked at my guage at it read 80km/h.

I am wondering: is there an explanation for this discrepancy? I had my car serviced the next week and found 1000 dollars worth of repairs to sway bar, stabilizer links, etc.

I didn't even realize I got a ticket for 100 in a 60 until I drove away and then examined my ticket. The officer only said to me I am pulling you over for speeding in a 60 to which i replied yes sir. He gave me the ticket without saying anything else.

I have one prior speeding ticket 1 year ago which was paid as a reduction to a 15km/h over with no demerit points.

Any suggestions on what to do? I am in Kenora and don't know of anyone in the area who fights tickets...does anyone else know of any?

Thanks in advance :)

racer
VIP
VIP

Posting Awards

by: racer on

40 over is rather stiff. You may want to plea-bargain it yourself again. It is also very hard to disprove. You can try to get a set of disclosure though. But attempt "Option 3", with "Officer present". Once you get a court date, file for disclosure. Also, see how far you go to the courthouse, the information should be printed on the ticket.

You can get a free quote for a paralegal service at the bottom of this site.

"The more laws, the less justice" - Marcus Tullius Cicero
"The hardest thing to explain is the obvious"

www.OHTA.ca & www.OntarioHighwayTrafficAct.com
Sovs2009

by: Sovs2009 on

Well, the ticket says the proceedings would be in Dryden and I am in Kenora so about 1.5 hours away which is doable. Does anyone know of paralegals in Kenora?

racer
VIP
VIP

Posting Awards

by: racer on

Not in Kenora, but there is one in Dryden.

Sunset Country Paralegal

30 Park Crescent

Dryden, On, P8N1T6

Tel: (807) 223-4429

Fax: (807) 223-6794

NOT Endorsed In Any Way. Just happens to be the only one in your area.

"The more laws, the less justice" - Marcus Tullius Cicero
"The hardest thing to explain is the obvious"

www.OHTA.ca & www.OntarioHighwayTrafficAct.com
Post a Reply