racer
VIP
VIP

Posting Awards

by: racer on

How old is your son? How much does he weigh, and how tall is he? There are different regulations for different toddlers, based on age, height, and weight.

"The more laws, the less justice" - Marcus Tullius Cicero
"The hardest thing to explain is the obvious"

www.OHTA.ca & www.OntarioHighwayTrafficAct.com
Fahim

by: Fahim on

Thansk for the reply,

He is 2 year 3 months old, about 10kg weigh & 79cm tall.

Thanks

Fahim

Frozenover

by: Frozenover on

Based on personal experience, I'm certain your son needs to be at least 40lbs to be in an unsecured booster.

The booster seat as you describe it is probably unsafe for your son, as it's around 10kgs where kids move from rear facing to forward facing car seats.

I think the police officer got the charge right.

One way of dealing with the ticket maybe to go out and purchase a proper car seat. You can then contact the police officer / crown see if they would be willing to waive the ticket.

Fahim

I requested for a disclosure already & I have one question in my mind weather these two statement are for the same offence?

In my notice of trial:

Offence: FL. Secu. Toddler restraint Sys ( contraty to Highway Traffic Reg section 613 8(3)

& on my ticket:

Offence:Fail to ensure toddler properly secured

Highway Traffic Act section 613 8(3)

Also If the prosecutor call me to fax the disclosure & did not fax it, then sholud i have to go & pick it up by my self or ?

Thanks

racer
VIP
VIP

Posting Awards

by: racer on

They should mail it to you, unless you provided them with a fax number. If you did then they will probably try to fax over the disclosure. If the fax had failed, you probably need to pick up the disclosure yourself.

However, you do NOT want to receive disclosure. Not receiving disclosure means that you can win the ticket on that fact alone. If your court date is in distant future(>2 months), wait for mailed package.

"The more laws, the less justice" - Marcus Tullius Cicero
"The hardest thing to explain is the obvious"

www.OHTA.ca & www.OntarioHighwayTrafficAct.com
Fahim

Thanks for the reply, actually my date is on Dec.01/09 & i got the ticket in last week of Sep./2009.

Prosecutor did try to fax me the disclosure on friday & when it failed he also call me on my cell# told me he will try to fax me after 2hrs, but he did not tried.

1) Should I pick it up or ...

& can you please also advice me about the two statements weather these two statements are for the same offence?

In my notice of trial:

Offence: FL. Secu. Toddler restraint Sys ( contraty to Highway Traffic Reg section 613 8(3)

& on my ticket:

Offence:Fail to ensure toddler properly secured

Highway Traffic Act section 613 8(3)

Thanks

Post a Reply