98. (1) The Minister may appoint one or more persons as inspectors for the purposes of sections 88 to 99 and the regulations and the appointments shall be in writing. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 98 (1).
Certificate of appointment
(2) The Minister shall issue every inspector appointed under subsection (1) a certificate of appointment and every inspector, in the execution of his or her duties under this section and the regulations, shall produce his or her certificate of appointment upon request. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 98 (2).
Powers of inspectors
(3) An inspector may at all reasonable times inspect the premises, operations and all records of all motor vehicle inspection stations to ensure that sections 88 to 92 and the regulations are complied with. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 98 (3).
(4) Upon an inspection under this section, the inspector may upon giving a receipt therefor remove any material referred to in subsection (3) that relates to the purpose of the inspection for the purpose of making a copy thereof, provided that the copying is carried out with reasonable dispatch and the material in question is promptly thereafter returned to the licensee of the motor vehicle inspection station. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 98 (4).
Admissibility of copies
(5) Any copy made as provided in subsection (4) and purporting to be certified by an inspector is admissible in evidence in any proceeding or prosecution as proof, in the absence of evidence to the contrary, of the original. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 98 (5).
(6) No person shall obstruct the inspector or withhold or destroy, conceal or refuse to furnish any information or thing required by the inspector for the purposes of the inspection. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 98 (6).