I'm assuming you received a summons for:
- 27. (1)(b) display an accessible parking permit otherwise than in accordance with the regulations.
- 6.(2) An accessible parking permit issued to an individual is not valid when it is displayed on a vehicle if,
(a) the vehicle is not being used to pick up or transport the holder of the permit;
A summons is an appearance you'll have to make. You can't mail in a ticket because there is no set fine. The fine varies:
(2) A person who contravenes clause (1) (a), (b), (c), (d), (e) or (f) is guilty of an offence and on conviction is liable to a fine of not less than $300 and not more than $5,000.
(1) Plead not guilty and request a trial.
(2) Immediately go to your doctor and get your own handicap permit.
(3) On the trial date, go with your husband and talk to the prosecutor before the trial. Tell him you both thought you could park on your husbands permit and when you found out you could not, you immediately went out and got your own. If the prosecutor is in a good mood, they might drop the charge.
+++ This is not legal advice, only my opinion +++
- Similar Topics
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests