Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Ontario Highway Traffic Act

Discuss the Ontario Highway Traffic Act.

Post Your Traffic Ticket, and Get Help!

The Ontario Traffic Ticket Forum!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Check It Out
No unread posts New Set Fines Starting Sept 1st, 2015! Read and Learn Here.

Stolen Motorcycle Impounded- Refuse to release
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:57 pm 

Hi, I'm just wondering if anyone has had success getting a tow yard to return a stolen vehicle without paying the towing and impound fees? I found this thread: topic1177.html
which pretty much outlines my dilemma. Apparently the bike was stolen some time around 5AM. At 5:30AM I got a call from the police station asking we if I knew where my vehicle was. I knew immediately that it had been stolen because a week and a half prior to this someone had stolen some stuff off the bike and found the spare key. I "reported" this to the police and they said there was little they could do. Since the bike isn't worth much (I paid $300) and I wasn't riding it so I didn't think much of it. The officer on the phone asked me if I could go to where the bike was. I agreed and started walking, as it was several blocks away. Before I got to the scene the office called my on the phone and said the cruiser would be coming to meet me.
When they arrived they immediately began questioning me about where I was all night, where are my house keys etc. I explained to them what had happened and they were less than convinced, but whoever stole it dumped it pretty bad and fled the scene without their keys and without a helmet. I had a record of my calling the police about the key the week earlier which probably saved me from being charged with something by Starsky and Hutch. They let me go and said it was possible I could be contacted further and if I wanted my vehicle it was at the tow yard.

tl;dr the police had my bike towed after it was stolen and totaled, they didn't catch they guy, the tow yard won't release my vehicle without(apparently it's scrap) paying the towing and impound fees, I don't have the money, literally, what can I do?

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Related topics
 Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. Another Media Release - Move Over

hwybear

Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:41 pm

BelSlySTi View the latest post

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Refuse to issue or revoke licence or registration Sect 95

racer

Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:48 pm

racer View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Stolen property

bobajob

Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:16 am

bobajob View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Impound of Stolen Vehicle

Charlene

Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:56 pm

Lawman View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. What should I do to the impounded car?

simonFN

Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:18 pm

odyssey View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Car got impounded

bugsbunny

Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:09 pm

Radar Identified View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. O.P.P criuser impounded under 172

[ Go to pageGo to page: 1, 2, 3, 4 ]

BelSlySTi

Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:03 pm

tdrive2 View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. think my car got wrongfully impounded

jestersht

Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:36 am

G35Dalf View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Sold my car, ends up being impounded

Alex321

Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:55 pm

Radar Identified View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Impounded car for expired drivers license

distressed83

Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:02 pm

Stanton View the latest post

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Impound Liability - Vehicle impounded and held for 2 years

yousef

Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:30 pm

hwybear View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Car impounded - Driving under suspension ticket NOT FILED!!!

Koobs

Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:14 pm

Decatur View the latest post