Help - Section 74(1) No Clear View to the Front

Moderators: Reflections, admin, hwybear, Radar Identified, Decatur, bend

Radar Identified

Unread post by Radar Identified on

Congratulations! Nice work. :D
* The above is NOT legal advice. By acting on anything I have said, you assume responsibility for any outcome and consequences. *
http://www.OntarioTicket.com OR http://www.OHTA.ca

viper1
Unread post by viper1 on

Frozenover wrote:I just wanted to provide a final update to this thread since I hate how many other threads end the day before court and we never get to find out how things ended up.

Yesterday I arrived in court prepared to do battle arguing legal points before the Justice. I was ready with:

1 An 11b Motion to stay due to unreasonable delay.
2) A Motion to Quash the ticket based on the ticket being on an old form.
3) A Motion of “Non Suit” based upon the expected testimony.
4) A prepared list of questions.
5) A prepared closing statement.
6) Copies of various cases to prove my points.

I walk into the court room and approach the crown to let him know I was there and to see if I can get my case dealt with earlier in the day. The Crown pulls my file, quickly reviews it then states “we are going to be with drawing the charges”. I WIN!

I hope that they withdrew the charges as a result of my 11b application, but my win felt very anti-climatic, I was keyed up for a battle. I wanted to win because of a motion I made and the work I put into being prepared.

Of course I’m thrilled that I won, and I know that if I had to sit in court for a few more hours before I got my turn I would have wished for the outcome that I actually got. Not to mention everybody else sitting in the court room wishing that they could be as “lucky” as I was. Strange but somehow I felt cheated by how it came about.

If I had to do it again for a minor charge I would probably request a trial, and file for disclosure, but would come to court prepared to take a deal from the crown. It feels like the process of going to trial is a punishment and your better of to just take the deal and get it over with.

Anyways I just wanted to thank everybody for there help and making this such a great site. I learned a lot and plan to stick around and add my 0.02 on other peoples problems.
Good work.

You probably clean your windows now too.(great)

I think you learned a lot from this experience.

If you had watched for the 3 hours you would have gotten to see how others did it.(or not)

Cheers
Viper1
"hang onto your chair when reading my posts
use at your own risk"

Return to “General Talk”