15 days lapsed, what can be done?

Moderators: Reflections, admin, hwybear, Radar Identified, Decatur, bend

Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:19 pm

15 days lapsed, what can be done?

by: hatetickets on
Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:10 am

Hello everyone. Hoping you can help me help my mother.

Making a long story short, there was a minor collision involving her and another vehicle. She was given an offence for "unsafe or improper lane change" don't exactly remember the charge. My father told her to wait until the summons to come in the mail?? That doesn't make sense to me. She is passed the 15 days to choose an option and she is really upset that her options to fight the charge are now over. Is that truly the case? Is the only thing she can do now is pay the fine? If she is found guilty by default can she still appeal the conviction? But on what grounds??

I look foward to some responses and thanks to all who do!
High Authority
High Authority
Posts: 2111
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:49 pm
Location: Ontario

Posting Awards

by: Stanton on
Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:03 am

Your mom should attend the Courthouse immediately and see if shes already been convicted by default or not. Sometimes it takes longer than 15 days for the conviction to register, but obviously the longer you wait the more likely it is.

If your mother has already been convicted, she would have to apply to have the matter reopened before a Justice of the Peace.
Post Reply
  • Similar Topics

Return to “General Talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 23 guests