Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Ontario Highway Traffic Act

Discuss the Ontario Highway Traffic Act.

Post Your Traffic Ticket, and Get Help!

The Ontario Traffic Ticket Forum!

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Check It Out
No unread posts New Set Fines Starting Sept 1st, 2015! Read and Learn Here.

change lanes not in safety - viewpoints pls
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:17 pm 

Happened today............is the ticket worth fighting for the insurance implications.........$$ is not the issue.

•was in 2nd lane from the left, traveling about 20km hr
•signaled to turn right into the 3rd lane from the left, all was clear in both lanes to my right. To my best knowledge there was not a vehicle in my right lane when I was turning.
•started turn and a truck came at me fast and swerved and scraped my right side of my car taking off my mirror
•I believe that he was in my lane behind me (a few car lengths away) and we both merged to the right at the same time, because there were no cars in the lane we were merging into he accelerated while merging, while I was still merging and hit me.
•There were no witnesses that stopped or where questioned
•Police officer never asked me if I was okay, never asked me what happened and never asked me for a statement
•Police officer spent 5-10 min speaking to the other driver
•Police officer took my license, registration and insurance and was gone for about 40 min.
•When he came back he handed me my registration and insurance and could not find my license
•He handed me a ticket, I asked him what for and he said Change Lane Not in Safety
•I asked him if he would like to hear what I believed happened and he said no, he didn't have time. He left to go back to the car to look for my license and when he returned without it, I again said I would like to tell him my side, he said he was too busy with an emergency and that he would call me on the weekend or maybe Friday and walked away.

I still have no license and may have to get a new one in order to get a rental while my car is being fixed.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Related topics
 Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. Fighting turn not in safety ticket. Pls help!

megz15

Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:37 am

megz15 View the latest post

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. defendant for failure to change marked lanes

Nalvi

Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:37 pm

Radar Identified View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Change Lane Not in Safety

innocentofcharges

Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:41 am

MegaSilver View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Lane change not in safety

screaminglion

Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:36 pm

Radar Identified View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Change lane not in safety - who's at fault?

kszeto0209

Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:48 pm

kszeto0209 View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Change Lane - Not in Safety - Kitchener

mb2012

Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:16 pm

brettshard View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Change lane not in safety - Bus Driver

BusMan

Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:53 pm

BusMan View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Lane Change not in Safety.. Court Date in a few days!

lwredblade

Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:27 am

lwredblade View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. TRIAL ON FRIDAY JUNE 27TH PLS HELP PLS THANKS

asadzahid

Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:54 pm

ynotp View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. MTO's HOV Lanes: more lanes + speed

iFly55

Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:13 am

iFly55 View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Help pls

Karlie

Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:46 am

Karlie View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Speeding ticket/insurance help pls

Disisme

Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:18 pm

Disisme View the latest post