Got a Failing to obey signs traffic ticket?
twinsnakes

Need Advice - Disobey Sign, Turned During Prohibited Time

by: twinsnakes on

Hi Guys, I would really appreciate some advice on how to resolve my ticket, I cannot afford an increase in insurance.

This morning I received a "Disobey Signs" ticket for making a right turn onto a street which prohibits them during 7am-9am. I normally work later so I have always taken this route. When I normally go its well past 9am. I had to come in early to accommodate a late day appointment.

I have no convictions on file, only had an invalid sticker ticket once that was thrown out. Right now I only have a g2 so I really don't want demerit points and more so don't want an increase in insurance. I am having a hard of enough time affording insurance as it is. Should I request an early resolution with prosecutor or just plead not guilty and take it to court? What would be grounds for dismissing the case? How can I get this reduced to a bylaw infraction? Any advice on how to fight this would be greatly appreciated.

bend

Posting Awards

by: bend on

twinsnakes wrote:I have no convictions on file, only had an invalid sticker ticket once that was thrown out. Right now I only have a g2 so I really don't want demerit points and more so don't want an increase in insurance. I am having a hard of enough time affording insurance as it is. Should I request an early resolution with prosecutor or just plead not guilty and take it to court? What would be grounds for dismissing the case? How can I get this reduced to a bylaw infraction? Any advice on how to fight this would be greatly appreciated.

You can go to an early meeting or schedule a trial. If you're going in with no defense, either will accomplish pretty much the same thing. Although, a trial will give you more leeway and new possible paths to fight your ticket. It doesn't come without work though. It may become stressful to balance trials with your everyday life. Some people choose to get it over with now rather than spending maybe a year with looming trials just to be found guilty anyways. It's your preference. What you're offered is up to the prosecutor. They don't owe you anything, so it's up to their discretion.

There are hundreds of ways to win a trial or have it dismissed. "I don't usually use this street at this time" isn't going to be one of them. An officer can not show up to trial (not likely), the signs can be displayed improperly, they can schedule your trial 2 years from now.... the list goes on and on.

Post a Reply