182(2) for Speeding with a Radar Gun

Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:50 pm

182(2) for Speeding with a Radar Gun

by: slowdriver on
Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:58 pm

I was accused of speeding on a 50 km/h road, but the officer told me he had no radar gun so he gave me a ticket for "disobey sign" section 182(2). Will i have a chance in court to beat this if it's his word against mine??
Sr. Member
Sr. Member
Posts: 396
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:21 am

Posting Awards

by: daggx on
Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:31 am

It would be worth booking a trial date and then requesting disclosure. That way you can see what evidence the officer has against you. If the evidence is weak you can go to trial, if it looks strong you can always plea bargain for a lesser fine.
Post Reply
  • Similar Topics

Return to “Failing to obey signs”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests