geops

Driving While Under Suspension

by: geops on

hi, im looking for some clarification into how long my licence will be suspended for as I need a valid licence in order to work (OMVIC rules...)

I was stopped by ride in Nov 2011, and I was charged with BAC over 0...since i was a G2 driver. Now i continued to drive after the 24 hrs suspension had passed. The charge went to court and I was fined, plus my licence was suspended for 30 days from jan 28th 2012. On Feb, 15th, 2012, I was stopped for speeding going 30km/hr over the posted speed limit, and had my demo vehicle impounded by a towing company. The officer then dropped the speed limit to going 15km/hr over the posted sign, and I was also issued a summons to court for driving under suspension. I need to know now, how long my licence will be suspended for, as I do need to return back to work. I have a very clean driving record, and this was the first time in 3.5 years that I had gotten into trouble while driving.

I had not known that my licence was originally suspended from that charge, as I got my OMVIC licence approved before hand. so please some clarification needed.

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

by: Stanton on

If you're convicted for driving under suspension, you can face an additional 6 month suspension.

Might not hurt to consult with a paralegal and see if there's some grounds to fight your charge or have it reduced to something less serious.

Post a Reply