Topic

Tps Bicycle Registry

Author: Squishy

Moderators: hwybear, Reflections, admin, Radar Identified, Decatur, bend

Squishy

Tps Bicycle Registry

Unread post by Squishy »

Would this only work for bicycles recovered by the TPS? That is, would OPP, York Regional, etc., ever reference or even have access to the registry?

hwybear

Posting Awards

Unread post by hwybear »

rather than create yet another useless database to justify someone's existence (create a job - rather than doing what they are supposed to), it would be way easier for anyone that has a bicycle to record the serial number down. If the bike is stolen/lost provide the police with the Make, Model, Serial number, speed, size of frame, colour. This info can then be placed on a database that already exists (CPIC). First thing police do is check lost/found/recovered bicycle on CPIC.

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
Squishy

Unread post by Squishy »

Oh, I read something a while ago that gave me the impression that CPIC didn't track bicycles (it was an article on one of those Canada-wide paid bike registries). Good to know, and I do have the serial number written down.

If you guys ever see the only bike in Ontario properly taped up according to HTA, let me know my bike has been stolen. :P

hwybear

Posting Awards

Unread post by hwybear »

Squishy wrote:Oh, I read something a while ago that gave me the impression that CPIC didn't track bicycles

anything with stolen with a serial number can go on CPIC....even your old cassette walkman :wink: 8)

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca
racer
VIP
VIP

Posting Awards

Unread post by racer »

hwybear wrote:
Squishy wrote:Oh, I read something a while ago that gave me the impression that CPIC didn't track bicycles

anything with stolen with a serial number can go on CPIC....even your old cassette walkman :wink: 8)

I guess I'd better register it then :lol:

Seriously, they advertise a protection service that costs money to place a sticker on a laptop so that the resale value is gone. Might as well register expensive valuables with CPIC.

"The more laws, the less justice" - Marcus Tullius Cicero
"The hardest thing to explain is the obvious"

www.OHTA.ca & www.OntarioHighwayTrafficAct.com
hwybear

Posting Awards

Unread post by hwybear »

Squishy wrote:I don't think you can register items on CPIC until they are actually stolen, no?

correct have to be stolen/lost first