Driver failing to properly wear a seat belt

Ginno
Driver failing to properly wear a seat belt

Unread post by Ginno »

Looking for any help I can get.

I got stopped at a 4 way stop a month ago as I was pulling up to the stop sign.
I first checked if there were any cars around me to ensure my safety then started to removed my seat belt.

I saw the police stopped about 30 feet from the stop sign while removing my seat belt feeling I was doing nothing wrong.
I came to a full stop checked my pocket and then reached over to refasten my seat belt.

The seat belt locked so I had to remove the shoulder strap retract the seat belt and refasten the seat belt.
The proceeded through the intersection behind me the police pulled me over.

I explained what had happened he said we are on a seat belt blitz this week and I saw you approaching the stop sign with no seat belt on.

I sat where the police car was I could not tell if the drivers were wearing their seat belts or not.

Question
Is there a legal distance which a police has to be parked away from a stop sign.
I have tinted windows can I use this as evidence in court.

Thanks

viper1
Re: Driver failing to properly wear a seat belt

Unread post by viper1 »

Ginno wrote:Looking for any help I can get.

I got stopped at a 4 way stop a month ago as I was pulling up to the stop sign.
I first checked if there were any cars around me to ensure my safety then started to removed my seat belt.

I saw the police stopped about 30 feet from the stop sign while removing my seat belt feeling I was doing nothing wrong.
I came to a full stop checked my pocket and then reached over to refasten my seat belt.

The seat belt locked so I had to remove the shoulder strap retract the seat belt and refasten the seat belt.
The proceeded through the intersection behind me the police pulled me over.

I explained what had happened he said we are on a seat belt blitz this week and I saw you approaching the stop sign with no seat belt on.

I sat where the police car was I could not tell if the drivers were wearing their seat belts or not.

Question
Is there a legal distance which a police has to be parked away from a stop sign.
I have tinted windows can I use this as evidence in court.

Thanks

Did you say any-thing?

Cheers
Viper1
"hang onto your chair when reading my posts
use at your own risk"

Return to “Driver failing to wear a seat belt”