Visiting Ontario with ignition interlock restriction in BC

visitor1269
Visiting Ontario with ignition interlock restriction in BC

Unread post by visitor1269 on

I live in BC and I'm planning a visit to Toronto for a week. I have ignition interlock restriction on my BC License for driving over .08, but I was not charged under the Criminal Code of Canada. I was instead handed a Conditional Discharge for dangerous operation of a motor vehicle.

My question is, while visiting Toronto, am I required to drive a vehicle with an interlock system installed? Or can I drive a vehicle without one?

Thanks in advance

ynotp

Posting Awards

Unread post by ynotp on

Yes you need an interlock device. Whatever conditions on your license are the same wherever you take it.

The Stig

Unread post by The Stig on

If you received a conditional discharge for dangerous operation you were in fact charged under the Criminal Code. Driving without an interlock in Ontario could in fact net you a Drive Disqualified charge or depending on your conditional discharge, reactivate that sentencing.

hwybear

Unread post by hwybear on

HTA 41.2(13)(b) - drive motor vehicle - not equipped with ignition interlock device
NSF - no set fine, which means a court date, fine of $200 - $1000

Above is merely a suggestion/thought and in no way constitutes legal advice or views of my employer. www.OHTA.ca

Return to “Traffic Offences Outside Ontario”