benaflek99

Stunt Driving: 113 In 50, Can I Reinstate My License Online?

by: benaflek99 on

Hi everyone,

On Saturday April 11th 10am, I was pulled over on Finch between Bayview and Leslie, and got the following 4 tickets, license roadside suspended and car impounded for 7 days.

1. Stunt driving: 50km/h or more over speed limit. HTA 172(1)

2. Speeding - 113km/h in a 50km/h zone. HTA 128(1)

3. Fail to surrender permit for motor vehicle. HTA 7(5)(a)

4. Fail to have insurance card. Compulsory Automobile Insurance Act 3 (1)

Summon date is near end of August.

Question 1.

I understand that if go to Service Ontario in person on Monday (April 20) and pay $281 administrative fee, I will get a temporary license immediately on the spot.

However, can I also pay this fine online after my suspension is over (after April 18 10am), and if I do, will they mail me the temporary license on Monday?

This webpage below seems to suggest that I must go to service ontario in person.

https://www.ontario.ca/page/reinstate-s ... #section-1

But this website below says I can pay fine online and they will mail me temporary license, although the document title says "Paying defaulted fines and driver’s licence reinstatement" so I am not sure if it applies to license suspended due to stunt driving.

https://www.ontario.ca/page/paying-defa ... nstatement

Question 2.

What is my chance of getting the first two tickets down to single so called "49 over" ticket?

Thank you so much

I will never speed again!

highwaystar

Posting Awards

by: highwaystar on

You seem to be mixing terms interchangeably. Unless you have other outstanding fines that are unpaid (which is likely NOT the case since you likely would have been charged with drive while suspended, etc.) you are NOT paying any fines at this time. You are simply paying the reinstatement fee. Remember, you have not been convicted of anything on these present charges----however, your license HAS been suspended and therefore you must pay to reinstate it.

In any event, you would only be able to pay fines on 2 of the 4 charges since Stunt Driving and Speeding over 49 have no set fine (meaning you HAVE to go to court to let them decide your penalty). I wouldn't pay the 2 minor offenses when one or both could later be withdrawn if you plead guilty on the bigger charges. So, for the time being, I would just pay the reinstatement fee and go to court in August for your first appearance.

That is, you simply go to the 2nd web link you provided and pay the reinstatement fee of $281 online. Follow the instructions on doing that.

Then, at your first appearance, the Crown may offer you the 49 over deal if there isn't anything aggravating about the case (i.e. you weren't speeding in residential streets, high traffic/pedestrian areas, weren't a jerk with the officer,don't have a driving record, etc.). Its hard to say what they may offer since there are too many factors to consider.

nopeedlimit

by: nopeedlimit on

Keving wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:52 pm

I am also in the same boat

Also are all service Ontario locations closed? The ticket the officer gave me does not show up on the service Ontario website when i try to pay so im thinking should i just go in person

do you mind if i ask did the officer put the speed on your speeding ticket?

nopeedlimit

by: nopeedlimit on

Just a quick sharing, the road side suspension is actually time limited means it expires automatically and the mto will sent you a temporary one in the mail in 7 days. you will also get another copy of impound notice for where your car is. I just got mine so figure that's useful for ppl on the forum. *EDIT*

Post a Reply