(1) The Minister may by regulation designate any part of the Kings Highway where the paved shoulder may be driven on, and may make regulations,
(a) regulating the use of the paved shoulder on a designated part of the highway and prescribing conditions and circumstances for that use, including prescribing rules of the road applicable to the use of the paved shoulder, exemptions from any requirement in this Part or in a regulation made under this Part applicable to the use of the paved shoulder and conditions and circumstances for such exemptions;
(b) providing for the erection of signs and the placing of markings,
(i) on any highway approaching any part of a highway designated as having a paved shoulder that may be driven on, and
(ii) on any part of a highway designated as having a paved shoulder that may be driven on;
(c) prescribing the types of the signs and markings referred to in clause (b), instructions to be contained on them and the location of each type of sign and marking. 2005, c. 26, Sched. A, s. 24.
Classes, types of vehicles, drivers
(2) A regulation made under subsection (1) may prescribe different classes or types of vehicles and different classes of drivers and may define the class or type in relation to any characteristics, including the owner or operator of the vehicle, the purpose for which the vehicle is being used or the employer of or training taken by the driver. 2005, c. 26, Sched. A, s. 24.
(3) A regulation made under subsection (1) may be general or particular in its application and may apply differently to different classes or types of vehicles or different classes of drivers. 2005, c. 26, Sched. A, s. 24.
When designation is in effect
(4) No designation made under this section becomes effective until signs are erected in accordance with this section on the designated part of the highway. 2005, c. 26, Sched. A, s. 24.
Non-authorized use of shoulder prohibited
(5) No person shall drive on the paved shoulder of any part of the Kings Highway except in accordance with this section and a regulation made under it. 2005, c. 26, Sched. A, s. 24.
Act, regulations otherwise apply
(6) Except as otherwise provided in a regulation made under this section, the provisions of this Act and its regulations applicable to vehicles apply with necessary modifications to the operation of a vehicle on the paved shoulder of a designated highway. 2005, c. 26, Sched. A, s. 24.
Paved shoulder deemed not part of roadway
(7) A paved shoulder on any part of a highway that is designated under this section shall be deemed not to be part of the roadway within the meaning of the definition of "roadway" in subsection 1 (1) or part of the pavement for the purposes of clause 150 (1) (b). 2005, c. 26, Sched. A, s. 24.
- Similar Topics
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest