Search found 2 matches
- Sun Aug 30, 2026 11:31 am
- Forum: General Talk
- Topic: Turn Not In Safety with Collision - Do I fight it?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 465
Re: Turn Not In Safety with Collision - Do I fight it?
Regardless of who is at fault, you can still ask for a trial and state your case.
Maybe the other driver was exceeding the speed limit and the sightlines may have been low.
If it takes too long to have your case heard, it could be dismissed on those grounds.
It would not appear as a conviction on your driver's licence until the trial came to a ...
- Thu Aug 27, 2026 2:04 am
- Forum: General Talk
- Topic: Turn Not In Safety with Collision - Do I fight it?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 465
Turn Not In Safety with Collision - Do I fight it?
Briefly -- I was at an intersection where I had a stop sign (I was stopped) and the road I was turning onto had the right of way. It was very busy, and I waited for an opening to make a left turn. The speed limit here is 60km but most people are doing at least 70km. I watched for a safe opening and began my turn. Suddenly a car was to my left and ...