A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

giopeppe

63 Km/hr In A 50 Km/hr Zone (reduced From 73 Km/hr)

by: giopeppe on

Hey,

So i received my first speeding ticket...officer claimed I was doing 73 km/hr in a 50 zone. He did reduce it to 63 - should fight it? The ticket did not mention a cross road. Its just states N.B on Caledonia. I don't believe d points are affected but I'm worried about insurance.

Do I have a case to fight?

Any insight would be great.

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

by: Stanton on

giopeppe wrote:So is it worth selecting option 2 (on the back of the ticket) pleading guilty with lesser charge of some other driving violation instead of speeding (i.e. improper lane change)? Would this fly? oR should i just pay the fine.....walk away?

I'm not sure what lesser charge you have in mind. Thirteen over carries no dermerit points and a relatively minimal fine. Pretty much all other offences under the HTA have fines starting at $110. The lesser charge would also have to somehow relate to the offence you've committed.

Be aware that since your ticket was already reduced, the Crown is unlikely to offer any further deal. They'll probably just tell you to plead guilty or go to trial and face the original 23 over.

Post a Reply