A place to discuss any general Highway Traffic Act related items.

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

Bookm

Hey Station Wagon Poster...

by: Bookm on

There was a post recently about a station wagon that was impounded because of a sickly person laying in the back ("passenger in trunk"). I have been informed that the post was lost due to technical reasons. Can the original poster (OP) please PM me. There is a VIP interested in this story.

Book

BelSlySTi

by: BelSlySTi on

Bookm wrote:There was a post recently about a station wagon that was impounded because of a sickly person laying in the back ("passenger in trunk"). I have been informed that the post was lost due to technical reasons. Can the original poster (OP) please PM me. There is a VIP interested in this story.

Book

I sent http://www.ontariohighwaytrafficact.com/member673.html PM the day it was posted,no response!

Maybe one of the kind admins can contact him. :P

mculham wrote:My sister was at a local bar with five other friends. They had a designated driver and at the end of the night the group of 6 headed towards her car. They all entered and my sister, because she wasn't feeling very well (and they had 6 people in a car that had room for 5) decided to lay down in the back of the station wagon. As soon as the driver started the car and started to pull away an officer pulled them over.

The officer charged the driver with stunt driving, suspended his license for 7 days gave him a $2000 fine and the car was impounded for a week. Does this seem like a reasonable charge for the offence? "Driving with a person in the trunk" is actually stated in the Stunt Driving section of the higway traffic act, but I would think it there would have to be some other activity that would lead an officer to come up with Stunt driving and not just a seatbelt infraction. Is the back of a station wagon considered the trunk?

Help me out, is this something that the driver should fight?

[img]http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l352/toastedwhitebread/Untitled-TrueColor-03.jpg[/img]
racer
VIP
VIP

Posting Awards

by: racer on

gotta be the admin. I'll let him know tonite.

BelSlySTi, how did you get the mculham's original post? We are trying to get it from the google cache but they don't have the snapshot we need...

"The more laws, the less justice" - Marcus Tullius Cicero
"The hardest thing to explain is the obvious"

www.OHTA.ca & www.OntarioHighwayTrafficAct.com
BelSlySTi

by: BelSlySTi on

BelSlySti has everything on record concerning HTA 172 :lol:

I will post in the near future the letter I recieved from Mr. Klees today!

Hes back-peddling 8)

[img]http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l352/toastedwhitebread/Untitled-TrueColor-03.jpg[/img]
Post a Reply

Return to “General Talk”