Disobey stop sign - need help of change previous option

Moderators: Radar Identified, Reflections, admin, hwybear, Decatur, bend

Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:08 pm

Disobey stop sign - need help of change previous option

by: qqro on
Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:56 pm

I got a ticket on Sep 27, 2013. regarding the offence of Disobey stop sign contrary to HIGHWAY TRAFFIC ACT section 136(1)(A). The fine is $85, total is $110. When I book the court, I don't know the options meaning, then I asked somebody beside me. He told me choose the early resolution is better, then I did it. But now I found the purpose of the early resolution is plead guilty and take a reduced fine. I don't want to plead guilty. Now I received the letter from court, my early resolution meeting has been scheduled on Nov 4, 2013.

My question is:
1. May I change to directly go to trial? I don't want to waste time and take off one more time of my work day.If could, how to change the options?
2. Does the early resolution meeting's charge will be going to add to my final total charges?
3. Should I find any lawyer to fight ticket? I asked the service fee from $200-300, and no guarantee to avoid the points deduct.
User avatar
Sr. Member
Sr. Member
Posts: 298
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:46 pm

Posting Awards

by: highwaystar on
Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:34 am

You don't have to plead guilty at an early resolution meeting. You simply attend the meeting and see if they'll give you a deal. If you feel you are innocent or want to fight the charge regardless or simply don't like the deal offered, then you can simply request a trial. That's it!

Now, if you don't want to attend the resolution meeting and plan to proceed to trial right away, then you'll definitely have to contact the prosecution's office to let them know and see if they'll agree to just set it down for trial and not require you attend the resolution meeting. Most offices can accommodate that request. Otherwise, you or a representative WILL need to attend the meeting to request your trial, because if you don't attend the resolution you'll be deemed not to dispute the charge and a conviction will be entered.
Post Reply
  • Similar Topics

Return to “General Talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests