Fail to Yield To Traffic in Through Highway

Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:25 pm

Fail to Yield To Traffic in Through Highway

by: Sab on
Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:34 pm

I have been recently involved in an accident with a pedestrian. Here are the facts.
I was driving in a residential neighborhood. I marked a stop at an intersection and when shortly after I re-started I bumped into a jogger. In fact, the jogger just touched the left side mirror. I callled the police on the scene, and the officer gave me a ticket under the offence "Fail to Yield To Traffic in Through Highway" (art. 136(1)(b)) of the HTA).

Here is my question. Do I need to pay the ticket ($110) now or shall I dispute it. Essentially, I would like to make sure that paying the ticket wouldn't be interpreted as an acknowledgement that I failed to obey the stop sign, etc; and increase my liability if the jogger sue me.

Thanks for your help.

User avatar
Traffic Law
Posts: 162
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:28 pm
Location: Mississauga

by: Traffic Law on
Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:10 pm

By paying the ticket you automaticaly accept the responsibility and "will be found guilty"!

In the scenario you have put forward it appears that potentially wrong charge was laid. You should seek representation to minimize civil liability.
Post a Reply
  • Similar Topics

Return to “Failing to yield the right-of-way”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest