144 (18) - Red Light fail stop - turning right

gilvanblight
144 (18) - Red Light fail stop - turning right

Unread post by gilvanblight on

About a week ago I was stopped for a rolling right turn at a three way intersection at a red light.
Personally I thought I stopped before the stop sign as there was a car in front of me turing right as well that had stopped well into the intersection, I just followed him through as I had already stopped behind him and didn't even consider stopping again before turning as I was just before the stop line.

I'm not really interested in going to court over this, as I noted above, I thought I stopped. I was driving a route I drive at least once a week, one that I don't usually pay much attention to and to be honest I don't remember perefectly if I did a rolling stop or not, I know there was someone in front of me turning right but I may have just rolled up behind him right when he moved and followed.

What I would like to know is if it would be advisable to take option 3 and hope that the file will be reduced on a first meeting. I would be very happy if I could just remove any points from this infraction. Is there any harm in taking option 3, showing up for the first meeting and if a reduced sentence is not offered, just pleading guilty then and paying?

viper1
Unread post by viper1 on

No harm at all.

You should request disclosier though.

Cheers
Viper1
"hang onto your chair when reading my posts
use at your own risk"

gilvanblight
Unread post by gilvanblight on

Sorry, but disclosier? What is this?

viper1
Unread post by viper1 on

gilvanblight wrote:Sorry, but disclosier? What is this?
Officer evidence. You request after you get a court date.

Cheers
Viper1

"hang onto your chair when reading my posts
use at your own risk"

Return to “Failing to obey a stop sign, traffic control stop/slow sign, traffic light or railway crossing signal”