Question regarding Disobaying signs ticket

sauce
Question regarding Disobaying signs ticket

Unread post by sauce on

I got a ticket well two (one for sticker 5 days after my birthday) on Sat. My question is from looking at the HTA online at http://www.e-laws.gov.on.ca/html/statut ... 0h08_e.htm it looks like the officer made a mistake on the ticket. My ticket says "disobey sign" as the offence and sec/art 106(3). Sec/art 106 (3) on that document is use of seatbelt by a passenger.

Now i am not denying the fact that i made a right where a sign was posted prohibiting it but i want to know how this will be processed. Will it show as a seatbelt offence and will that go against me in any way or will it go as a disobey sign offence? Also in regards to points, should it not say on the ticket if points are involved? i can't find any information regarding if points are involved with this type of offence.

I don't want to just pay this ticket when i'm unsure of exactly what it is i'm paying for. On one hand i know that i did wrong by not paying attention to a posted sign but i will not admit or plea guilty for something i did not do.

Any and all help would be appriciated.

sauce

OHTA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by OHTA on

sauce wrote:I got a ticket well two (one for sticker 5 days after my birthday) on Sat. My question is from looking at the HTA online at http://www.e-laws.gov.on.ca/html/statut ... 0h08_e.htm it looks like the officer made a mistake on the ticket. My ticket says "disobey sign" as the offence and sec/art 106(3). Sec/art 106 (3) on that document is use of seatbelt by a passenger.

Now i am not denying the fact that i made a right where a sign was posted prohibiting it but i want to know how this will be processed. Will it show as a seatbelt offence and will that go against me in any way or will it go as a disobey sign offence? Also in regards to points, should it not say on the ticket if points are involved? i can't find any information regarding if points are involved with this type of offence.

I don't want to just pay this ticket when i'm unsure of exactly what it is i'm paying for. On one hand i know that i did wrong by not paying attention to a posted sign but i will not admit or plea guilty for something i did not do.

Any and all help would be appriciated.

sauce
If theres any mistake on the ticket, then the ticket will be voided.

Return to “Failing to obey signs”