Anyway, I did some research and saw I would lose 4 points but since I didn't plan on getting any more tickets and money is limited and I decided that I would choose option number two and try to get the cost reduced.
When I spoke to the justice, she told me that I could consider option number three and take it to trial. Advising me to tell them what I told her and it would probably be reduced to 15 km and 37 dollars but timing of the trial would have interfered with school and after discussing my options I decided to just pay the fine which she reduced to 155 from 265.
Today, I got a letter in the mail telling me my license would be suspended for 30 days effective OCTOBER 25TH 2011....I was so shocked, I hadn't previously heard anything about the Novice Drivers Escalating Sanction and no one I spoke to: the cop, justice, admin clerk at the court, warned me that I would lose my license. I am so baffled as to why the justice would not have told me I was going to lose my license. I told her my whole situation, I let her know money was of concern and of course included in the suspension is a 150$ fee. We even spoke about school and how much of a necessity driving was for me. Given her position she had to have known......
Does anyone know if
1. There is anything I can do to have the suspension revoked or the length of suspension shortened?
2. How it will effect insurance, being a class G2 driver on my mothers insurance as a secondary driver?
2) You would have to contact your insurance provider directly and ask, as it varies greatly between providers and policies.
- Similar Topics
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests