shix6630

114km/h In A 80km/h Zone

by: shix6630 on

Hi, just wondering if anyone had any advice as to how i should approach this ticket? So I got pulled over doing 34km over the speed limit, does it make any difference in terms of having my fines reduced if the ticket was issued on the "farm roads" between London and Waterloo where there are extremely few cars on the road? I do understand speeding is speeding and I'm willing to own up to the ticket and pay the fee but I am a student and obviously being able to save some money would be a plus.

Also, would asking to have the ticket reduced from 34km over the limit to 29km over the limit or less make a difference on the insurance increase that is going to be added? This is my second ticket in 3 years but my first in Canada. The first one i got was in New york but I heard that Ontario and NY have their databases linked (didn't confirm this, so if anyone can confirm this as well that would be awesome). If i was approaching this as a "first ticket" do you think they would go easier on me in terms of plea bargaining?

The reason I'm wondering if i can have the ticket reduced to under 30km is that i heard that under 30kms is a minor ticket vs over 30 being a major ticket. I'm with statefarm.

Ticket is written for $259.00

If I am to try and have the fine reduced through plea bargaining, how would i approach this?

Thanks for any help on my issue

Stanton
High Authority
High Authority

Posting Awards

by: Stanton on

You'd have to contact State Farm and see what they consider to be a minor versus major speeding ticket. I've never heard of anything under 35 being considered a major offence so you're probably safe in that respect. You're correct though that New York and Ontario share convictions, so if the MTO was notified by NY, you'll see an out of Province conviction for speeding on your abstract.

Regardless of your past conviction, you'll most likely be offered a plea deal to a lower speed if you attend Court. I think a reduction to 29 over is quite likely. I wouldn't bother trying to argue it was a safer location to be speeding, that might backfire.

Post a Reply